Friday, January 23, 2009

Winter night prairie thoughts

Hi Farmers at heart. Do you ever just want to give up? I do. I had one of those moments today. Nothing worked and in the midst of trying to fix the barn door, I couldn't even find the tool box that contains all of the allen wrenches. I looked high and I looked low and even in the middle of everything (literally) I couldn't find that wretched box....................................sorry for the delay, but I had to go see if we caught a mouse in one of our 8 mouse traps. YES! we caught the one that has that big long tail. Finally, mama can rest at ease. Now back to the the wrench box that was lost in a sea of tools. It was found where it had apparently come to rest on a mountain of socket wrenches. However, barn door was fixed without anything contained in the allen wrench box because I didn't even need one! All we needed was a pin and a hammer to drive it in with. I guess it pays to look first then hunt tools later. All I'm saying is that I was about to give up before I even tried to see what was required of me. Sometimes I just need to take a breath and relax. Ever see anything cuter than a thirsty baby?

No comments: