Monday, January 19, 2009

Its all about time

Greetings neighbors down on the farm. There's nothing like bedtime here at the ranch house. Everybody has their bottle, Parker is winding down and mama has her cup of tea. And I have a good book. I'm one of those kinds of people who can not pass up something good to read. If anyone has any book selections that they think are good, sign me up to read it too. Problem is, I've got about four of those selections going right now.


One thing I've been reading a lot about lately is the subject of "farm activism". There are lots of people with lots of ideas. Many of these "activists" think they know how to better care for our land and care for our animals than we do and we're the ones spending time with the crops and livestock each and everyday of the year.

One thing I've noticed in life is that the squeakiest wheel usually gets the grease and I don't just mean its share of grease. I mean it gets all of the grease. These "farm activists" keep pounding away at their ideas and all the time making the general public think that these extreme ideas are main stream.
I'm here to tell you that extreme ideas like "cow gas tax" is starting to get talked about and pretty soon you know it'll be enacted into law just because its the "right" thing to do. All I have to say is that people better wake up and realize that these "farm activists" do not have any one's best interest at heart. They are making lots of noise to get their point across and soon we'll all be paying twice as much as we do now for our food. And you know that's their main point - that they have control over someone else. Bottom line is that control means power and power means that the more we pander to these loud mouths the more power that have.....over you and me.

Believe me no one knows better how to care for crops and livestock better than the American Farmer. We are up to your challenge you wackos.

No comments: