Thursday, November 27, 2008

Family time

Well farmers today we enjoyed a beautiful thanksgiving meal together with our extended families at Nana's house. We had approxmimately 25 people there. I especially enjoyed the visiting and fellowship. The turkey and green bean casarole wasn't bad either. Neither was the dressing, deviled eggs, pumpkin bread and strawberry surprise. Well to say the least we are a little full. Even the cows looked especially plump this evening on our drive that we took.

Well we are finished as of yesterday with our fall application of herbicide and top dressing of fertilizer. I noticed that it is getting pretty dusty here on the farm. We are in bad need of a rain. I'll post a picture of the sprayer after it made its final pass around the last wheat field yesterday. It is caked in about 1/2 inch of dust. Hopefully it rains soon, but I am reminded that November is one of the driest months we experience here in western Oklahoma. Perhaps we'll have a white Christmas! Because at this point I'ld take moisture in any form. Well, gotta go and wrap my teeth around some more turkey.

No comments: