Saturday, May 3, 2008

fence rows


Well today was a beautiful day here in paradise. Not much wind and everything is so green! Well, almost, because we sure need a rain. Even a heavy dew would help matters tremendously. We have been pulling rye. That blasted stuff. Special thanks to Konnor Kippenberger and David Barnett for helping me today. They really worked hard. Well it was so nice this afternoon that I decided to catch up on our spraying. I sprayed the fence rows where the johnson grass was starting to grow then sprayed the water way here at the home place. I sure hope it helps kill the cheat that tries to take over and stop the water flow. This evening Eldon Shantz came over and swathed down some of that rye that is so thick we can't pull it up by hand. Thanks Eldon. A friend shared with me this week that he had been reading the 139th Psalm. I have read it to today and I challenge you to read it as well.

No comments: